chapter 9 assessment questions composition
Category: Technology and computing,
Words: 711 | Published: 12.23.19 | Views: 404 | Download now
Section 9 Review Questions
1 . What is magnetism?
2 . Torque is ________.
3. A magnetic field is _________.
4. True or False: A permanent magnet is a part of material that has been magnetized and may hold the magnetic power for a fair length of time. five. How is definitely an electromagnet produced?
6. Which usually of the following produces the best electromagnet?
7. Unlike poles of your magnet _________each other and like poles_________ each other. almost 8. What part does polarity play in the procedure of an electric power motor? 9. What a part of a motor produces an inductive permanent magnetic field within just itself to facilitate the rotating motion? 10.
What part will the frequency of alternating current play in the operation of your electric electric motor? 11. What would be the rate of a two pole motor operating on a 120 Volts 60 Hertz power supply? doze. What are the five types of one phase motors used in the industry? 13. Which with the following correctly lists the motor’s beginning torque coming from lowest to highest? 18. Which with the following is a common use of a shaded-pole motor? 15.
How does a shaded-pole motor operate?
sixteen. How can a shaded-pole motor be corrected?
seventeen. What can determine the rotation of a shaded-pole motor?
18. Attract a diagram of a three-speed, shaded-pole electric motor.
19. What enables a split-phase motor unit to develop enough torque to begin rotation? twenty. What eliminates the starting winding from your electrical signal of an open type divide phase motor once it reaches 74% of their operating speed? 21. Exactly what the three possible areas of difficulty in a split-phase motor? twenty-two. What is the machine of way of measuring for the strength of a capacitor? 23. What is the purpose of a capacitor?
twenty four. What is the difference between a running and a running and a starting capacitor? 25. List the five capacitor replacement unit rules.
26. Explain the procedure of a permanent split-capacitor electric motor. 27. Exactly how are a PSC motor and a capacitor start capacitor-run motor identical? 28. Precisely what are the advantages and disadvantages of making use of the following types of engines?
twenty nine. What are the similarities among an open-type split-phase electric motor and a capacitor-start electric motor? 30. Which usually of the pursuing is an advantage in by using a three-phase motor? 31. Pull a wiring diagram of any capacitor start-capacitor-run motor. 32. True or perhaps False: Most starting apparatuses are mounted externally for the hermetic air compressor shell. thirty-three. What is the process in maintenance any electric power motor? thirty four. Which in the following is definitely the capacitance of your 88 uF and a 108 uF starting capacitor connected in series? thirty-five. Which from the following is a capacitance of two twenty uF operating capacitors linked in parallel? 36. If a capacitor generates 15A over a 240 watt supply, which will of the next is it is microfarad rating? 37. Which in turn of the subsequent capacitors could possibly be used to replace a thirty-five uF, 370 running capacitor? 38. Which in turn of the following capacitors could possibly be used to replace a one eighty eight uF, two hundred fifty V starting capacitor? 39. Which of the following capacitors or mix of capacitors could possibly be used to replace a 45 uF, 370 Versus running capacitor? 40. Which of the next capacitors or perhaps combination of capacitors could be utilized to replace an 88 uF, 250 Sixth is v starting capacitor? 41. Locate the common, start, and manage terminals from the following hermetic compressors. A.
42. Quickly explain the procedure for troubleshooting hermetic converter motors. 43. What are the electrical inability categories pertaining to hermetic air compressor motors? forty-four. What safeguards should be taken when examining hermetic converter motors? forty-five. What is the highest allowable resistance studying for a grounded compressor engine? 46. Exactly what are the advantages of using a great electronically commutated motor on the PSC engine? 47. Make clear the construction of the ECM.
48. An ECM is a ______________.
forty-nine. True or False: The resistance psychic readings of the windings of a effectively operating ECM should be equivalent. 50. Authentic or Bogus: The line voltage power supply of the ECM must be disconnected or perhaps connected with the energy on.