Words: 545 | Published: 03.06.20 | Views: 429 | Download now
1 ) What is the application Zenmap GUI typically used for? Describe a scenario when you would use this type of program.
Zenmap is usually an application that is used to scan ports for networks. A scenario where you can use it is to check out the plug-ins of a network to know exactly which usually ports are opened or perhaps closed thus allowing a network officer to reduce the vulnerability of its network.
2 . Which in turn application is used for Step 2 in the cracking process to execute a vulnerability assessment check? Nessus.
3. What must you get before you begin the ethical hacking process or perhaps penetration test out on a live production network, even before executing the investigation step?
1 must have a signed documentation form showing exactly what kind of test you are approved to perform.
4. What is a CVE listing? Who hosts and who beneficiaries the CVE database record website?
CVE listing is actually a dictionary of publicly regarded information reliability vulnerabilities and exposures. It can be hosted by Office of Cybersecurity and Communications at the U.
S i9000. Department of Homeland Protection
5. Can easily Zenmap GUI detect which will operating systems can be found on IP servers and workstations? Which in turn option involves that search within?
Yes, the OS recognition using TCP/IP stack fingerprint scanning service option comes with that check out.
6. If you have scanned a live web host and recognized that it is running Windows XP workstation OS, how would you use this information to get performing a Nessus weakness assessment search within? One can make use of this information to create a policy of vulnerabilities that you would like Nessus to scan for in that certain
7. When a vulnerability is identified simply by Nessus, exactly where can you search for more information regarding the identified weeknesses, exploits, and the risk mitigation solution?
You can examine the statement generated simply by Nessus, particularly in the hostname plugin IDENTIFICATION which will offer you a detailed description of the weeknesses found along with feasible mitigation solutions.
8. What is the major big difference between Zenmap GUI and Nessus?
Difficulties difference between Zenmap GUI and Nessus is that Zenmap only a scanner that maps a network and share you information about open ports but Nessus is a weeknesses scanner than scans a network and share a report how vulnerable that specific port is. The primary difference can be one gives a report means fix a vulnerability within a port while the other doesn’t.
9. How come do you need to manage both Zenmap GUI and Nessus to perform the first three steps with the hacking process?
You need equally Zenmap GUI and Nessus to perform the first 3 steps in the hacking method because Zenmap GUI and Nessus are used to perform diverse tasks and steps in the hacking procedure therefore you probably would not be able to conduct the 1st 3 methods effectively using only one computer software. Both are necessary.
You may also want to consider the following: multiuser operating system